Monday, April 29, 2013

Mobility and a pit stop in Seoul

The last couple weeks have been a whirlwind of excitement. We completed our first term as teachers on April 25th. Lance and I both discovered how much we enjoy teaching. We learned a lot and there's a whole lot of things well be doing different in the future. Mostly dealing with how we can discipline crazy 5 year olds who speak very little English and would probably be better suited spending their time in trees than in our classroom. Teaching kids is a lot of work and its doubly so when they don't speak your language. Lance and I have both gotten good at singing songs and dancing.

In other super duper exciting news, after much struggling and turmoil lance and I both are now proud owners of iPhone 5's.
the process was super tough but the phones themselves are much cheaper than what we pay in the US and they're just so convenient. In fact I'm writing this blog post with it as I sip some tea in Starbucks. LTE is super fast but we rarely have to use any data on our plan because wifi spots are everywhere. Look me up on twitter, Instagram and kakao talk to follow me daily.

My mom took a hop into Seoul to visit with us for a little while so we've spent the majority of our term break in Seoul. I would be lying if I didn't say part of me wishes we'd been placed in Seoul instead of Jeju, there's just so much to do here and there's so much English everywhere! We struggle with language in Jeju in a way that we would never have to if we lived in Seoul.

We've enjoyed our trip so far. We been shopping, went to a cat cafe, visited an aquarium in a giant mall (in gangnam of course) and eaten a thoroughly western meal at none other than outback. Today it's pouring, but I plan on finishing up some shopping before we fly back to the island tomorrow.























No comments:

Post a Comment